Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Kindergartener:)

I just put my baby on the bus for the first time. I have always dreaded this day a little but been excited for it as well. We were going to just take him to school but a few "seasoned" parents reccommended that we let him ride the bus in the beginning while their are extra helpers. He has to take a shuttle bus to where the Kindergarten is, which is what made us a little nervous. So being the nervous parents we are, Calvin followed the bus to make sure he got to the proper shuttle bus. His first bus was 30 minutes late so we weren't sure how this was going to work out. They reassured us that he would get there but it is hard to just let your 5 year old walk out into the world, without you by their side. Ayden was full of smiles this morning. He was dressed before I even knew it. We went over many things with him. I think he thought we were crazy....making him recite things and questioning him. He is so overjoyed for it all. I feel like we have raised a good kid to this point. I hope that the "world" doesn't influence him in the wrong way. I mean, I know you have to continue to train and correct but he has many new influences now and will only continue to have more and more. I guess this is when you just have to trust in what you have taught then and pray to God that he comes home safe! I will post some of Ayden's big smiles from this morning after Calvin gets back with the camera!!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I remember when you were pregnant with him! WOW I can't believe he is old enough for kindergarten!

Unknown said...

I can't imagine!!! Glad you survived!